365 people made me a baseball psychic

I have accepted a challenge of making a list of 365 people who have in some way touched my life. Next I am to write a little blurb about them with a small hitch. I must write using the exact amount of words that equal my age for each person. In my case 41. At first I thought this would be impossible. My next thought was it would be a breeze. Now I go back and forth between the impossibilities and the opportunities

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vermont, United States

Happiness is a choice!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

200. My Kitchen Table

It doesn’t inhale oxygen. It does inhale sorrow-woes-grief-pain-joy-happiness-love. It doesn’t exhale carbon dioxide. It does exhale support-reason-advice-tears-laughter-love-life. Everything happens sitting-standing-argueing-debating-discussing-kneeling-weeping-laughing-sharing-praying around that table. The shape-size-color-location may have changed but that piece of furniture will always be a huge part of my world.

(Someone asked my if I could be any piece of furniture, what would I be? The answer has never changed. My Kitchen Table. Sorry for my absence. I have gotten so far behind. Fortunately, life happens. Unfortunately sometimes writing takes a back seat. I am hoping to get caught up... In life and writing)

4 Comments:

Blogger Otter said...

Wow! I love this. The inhale and exhale. Made me smile.

I never pondered this before but I agree with you, I think I'd be my kitchen table too.


I'm glad your back. I really enjoy reading your blog.
I'm down to my last posts :(
I've started a new blog called Dancing About Architecture. It is along the same lines but instead of people I'll write about music.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Indigo Bunting said...

OK, I tried to comment earlier and Blogger wouldn't let me. So let me try again: So glad you're back, and love this entry. The perfect answer to the question.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mali said...

Oh wow, I love this. Funny how things/pets etc can be as important as some people, have their own personalities, and play a role in our lives!

9:42 PM  
Blogger GoGo said...

This was fun. I too love kitchen tables for the very same reason.

Thanks.

~GoGo

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home