365 people made me a baseball psychic

I have accepted a challenge of making a list of 365 people who have in some way touched my life. Next I am to write a little blurb about them with a small hitch. I must write using the exact amount of words that equal my age for each person. In my case 41. At first I thought this would be impossible. My next thought was it would be a breeze. Now I go back and forth between the impossibilities and the opportunities

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vermont, United States

Happiness is a choice!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

189. - 193. The Farm (Part 2)

189. Big Kenny – Rough farm-boy and big teddy-bear. He was always making you laugh with his antics. All the fun and games never hindered his desire to care for and protect his family. Reminder - If you’re under 18 DO NOT ENTER THE TROPHEY ROOM!

190. Tina – Ruled her kingdom with a loud voice and a big stick. I suppose you must when raising 10kids. She still exposed her soft-side regularly, especially to me. Warned me never to join her kids in the annual burning of the town out-house. (Yes, there was an outhouse in the center of town, which consisted of a post office and a pay phone at the “Y” in the road. The outhouse was on an island in the road. The kids burnt it every year before Halloween and the locals rebuilt it. After all it was for the comfort of the few who took a wrong turn and accidentally ended up in there.)

191. David – Same age as me and as willing to find trouble. Not as attractive or charming as his older brothers causing him to put forth more effort to gain recognition. Once through his rebellious youth, he took a much straighter path into adulthood.

192. Tracy – When we met she was still in diapers. I, just out of them. We spent years perfecting the imagine we felt was appropriate for our shared name. For a couple years we even spelt it the same. We’re Traci with an “I”.

193. Christopher, Todd and Jed – In a family so large standing out was not an easy task. As fun as they were to run through fields, climb trees and hunt with they seemed to be one united soul. I’m sure they have since found their individual spirits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Otter said...

Oh. I just love these. I feel like I've cheated on my diet and over-indulged myself with a giant piece of chocolate-flourless cake. YUMMI!
BTW, That's Yummi with an "I".

3:46 PM  
Blogger B Kiddo said...

What awesome memories I have of all these people and the farm. Just one little slice of the chocolate cake that is my life...

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home