365 people made me a baseball psychic

I have accepted a challenge of making a list of 365 people who have in some way touched my life. Next I am to write a little blurb about them with a small hitch. I must write using the exact amount of words that equal my age for each person. In my case 41. At first I thought this would be impossible. My next thought was it would be a breeze. Now I go back and forth between the impossibilities and the opportunities

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vermont, United States

Happiness is a choice!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

162. Christa Jones (Al's daughter)

Promise, hope and all the good things little girls own were Christa. Fun, bubbly, happy and loving. At 16, she was so caring she refused to allow her scared friend to commit suicide alone. A family of four broken to three.

5 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Bunting said...

Wow. Quite a story in four vignettes.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

This one gave me chills...

1:56 PM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

How tragic.

11:18 PM  
Blogger B Kiddo said...

Very tragic. I cannot imagine the pain her parents and brother felt felt. I just know what I felt. I had known her since birth. Whe she died my kids were young and I could not comprehend the devastation of losing a child in any realm. BUT, believe it or not, this tragedy helped prepare me to deal with a moment in my life I never expected I would have to face. And now I think of her every time I think my life is mediocore and no one will notice if I am here or not. And the reason I remind my kids more often than they would care I did that everyone counts all the time. She had no noticable issues to partake in such a final act. According to diaries, family and friends, she just felt invisible and thought she was being supportive of a friend who had serious problems that, to them, appeared hopeless. The only thing I ever hope for me and my family is there is never a moment we cannot find hope.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Perston said...

jeez...

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home