365 people made me a baseball psychic

I have accepted a challenge of making a list of 365 people who have in some way touched my life. Next I am to write a little blurb about them with a small hitch. I must write using the exact amount of words that equal my age for each person. In my case 41. At first I thought this would be impossible. My next thought was it would be a breeze. Now I go back and forth between the impossibilities and the opportunities

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vermont, United States

Happiness is a choice!

Friday, March 31, 2006

70. Gene, my "real" father

We tried to make it work. For us, it didn’t. Not that way. I wished it could have, but then I wouldn’t be able to forgive you for ending it. Suicide is NEVER acceptable. You’re the one who taught me forgiveness.

3 Comments:

Blogger Otter said...

Your mantra "Happiness is a choice" is all becoming clearer now. YOUR choice! And I imagine one that is a WORK in progress esp. in light of this post.

Your last line reveal your internal strength and grace. Powerful!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Deloney said...

Yes, it is a choice. Bang a gong, sweetheart.

11:00 PM  
Blogger ntexas99 said...

forgiveness is one of the most complex actions a person can choose, yet it is always worth the effort. It isn't a "yes-no switch", but more of a degree of conscientious choice, (at least for me). It's a tricky one.

I wonder, sometimes, if people that don't understand the power of forgiveness have never (a) been grievously wounded, or (b) grievously wounded another. Then, of course, I realize that if they are breathing (and even if they are not), then they most likely fit into one or the other category (or both). They just haven't figured it out yet.

it is encouraging to see you acknowledge that through this relationship you learned about forgiveness ... that means you know the value of learning, and recognize that even the most difficult of circumstances have something of benefit to add to our lives.

Can I be as smart as you when I grow up? (if, and when?)

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home