365 people made me a baseball psychic

I have accepted a challenge of making a list of 365 people who have in some way touched my life. Next I am to write a little blurb about them with a small hitch. I must write using the exact amount of words that equal my age for each person. In my case 41. At first I thought this would be impossible. My next thought was it would be a breeze. Now I go back and forth between the impossibilities and the opportunities

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vermont, United States

Happiness is a choice!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

94. Geno

“What’d ya mean ya don’t drink alcohol? You realize you hang out in a bar? My bar! Tonight you drink! Barkeep, get this girl a shot!” Thank God the bartender knew to pour me a shot of ginger-ale. Shoot, slam, aahh…

4 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Bunting said...

Great story.

7:29 AM  
Blogger - Christine said...

What do ya mean what do ya mean ya don't drink alochol?

9:11 AM  
Blogger B Kiddo said...

This is my recollection of a conversation that took place 15-20 years ago...

Sandy: Not that I think it is a bad idea but why?

B Kiddo: I cannot in good conscience ask him to quit drinking if I am going to be sipping cocktails in front of him, now can I?

Sandy: Good point.

easiest thing I ever gave up. Not a drop for 6+ years. Then the kids became teenagers and the rest is history! ;-)

12:22 PM  
Blogger B Kiddo said...

Oh and the shots of ginger ale were actually under the bar waiting so they would be flat. And no one ever knew the difference except close friends and bartenders. I also drank my diet soda from a wine glass. Bars are dark and anyone looking thought I had a nice burgundy or cabernet. Is an effective trick with persistent bar owners and customers.

The only close call was doing a "jello shot" without actually doing it.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home