365 people made me a baseball psychic

I have accepted a challenge of making a list of 365 people who have in some way touched my life. Next I am to write a little blurb about them with a small hitch. I must write using the exact amount of words that equal my age for each person. In my case 41. At first I thought this would be impossible. My next thought was it would be a breeze. Now I go back and forth between the impossibilities and the opportunities

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vermont, United States

Happiness is a choice!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

54. My sister Christine

On paper you never color outside the lines. In real life you always do. Your creativity and energy is unmatched. The “older sister” I always wanted. The friend I always needed. One who loves me anyway. Being the family freak is a GREAT thing!

Today I am "upgrading" from my 41 words to 44 in honor of Christine's 44th birthday. Even with the extra words I have found this post to be the hardest to limit. Happy Birthday C!

14 Comments:

Blogger - Christine said...

wow. This brought tears to my eyes.

(She must be a really great sister...)

10:14 AM  
Blogger B Kiddo said...

She is but... ssshhhh... don't tell!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Indigo Bunting said...

Wow. This makes me wanna turn cartwheels. Because I CAN.

10:57 AM  
Blogger - Christine said...

Hold on a second! My eyes must have been too blurred by tears - I missed that last part. What do you mean FAMILY FREAK!?!!

2:39 PM  
Blogger B Kiddo said...

Freak in a good way of course! Someone who doesn't take baths in tubs of ketchup but will learn to juggle just because they can and see the beauty in a wasp's butt under a micorscope!

2:54 PM  
Blogger ntexas99 said...

and I thought WRITING was fun! connecting the dots is twice as entertaining ...

... I'm a real fan of people who color outside the lines, and am especially fond of freaks (which is a good thing, since I have a mirror too)

6:48 PM  
Blogger B Kiddo said...

I love connect the dots too! I also love leaving the trail of dots to be connected. Question to anyone... When was the last time you did a cartwheel?

11:43 PM  
Blogger Indigo Bunting said...

The one you saw two nights ago. Aren't you glad you were there? Maybe I should do one today too!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never did a cartwheel but I know Christine and she doesn't color inside the lines on paper either. She colors and then moves the lines. If she's any kind of freak, she's a control freak. We all just affectionately accept that about her and go on. ;-D

8:08 AM  
Blogger B Kiddo said...

Maybe everyone should do one cartwheel a day!

And moving the lines is acceptable. That is what keeps you inside the lines on paper but not off the paper.

Yeah she is a control freak too... ;-)

10:11 AM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

I hope your sister enjoyed this tribute as much as I did.

4:01 PM  
Blogger B Kiddo said...

I think she did... Thank you

4:04 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

It was great to read this post for two reasons.... 1.) I've had the pleasure of meeating your wonderful sister and took a liking to her immediately, and 2.) I have also adopted the practice of writing about "my" people on their birthdays. It seems so appropriate.

9:31 PM  
Blogger B Kiddo said...

I like the idea of writing about some on their birthdays too. Everyone who meets her thinks she is wonderful. Then they drop the "ful" and just wonder when she sends them a microscopic picture of pond scum! The "ful" is returned and redirected to "they are wonderful" once they meet her husband.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home