365 people made me a baseball psychic

I have accepted a challenge of making a list of 365 people who have in some way touched my life. Next I am to write a little blurb about them with a small hitch. I must write using the exact amount of words that equal my age for each person. In my case 41. At first I thought this would be impossible. My next thought was it would be a breeze. Now I go back and forth between the impossibilities and the opportunities

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vermont, United States

Happiness is a choice!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

114. Mom

Listening to your labored breathing, reliving every memory of you. Listening to your last breath, fearing I might forget even one memory of you. Knowing then I would never again celebrate Mother’s Day. Fearing then I would never again want to.

*No writer, however talented or inspired, could ever put into words what my mom and I had together. I will not even try.*

2 Comments:

Blogger Otter said...

Oh B.K., reading this on Mother's Day just made me tear up.

Losing a parent is so difficult.

And you are so right about not being able to properly put into words your relationship. I feel the same way.

Happy Mother's Day to you. She lives on in you!

4:05 PM  
Blogger B Kiddo said...

Thanks IOS. There are those in your life you cannot limit the words you write. But you CAN feel blessed to have had such a relationship.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home